Welcome to the 10th International Conference on Ultrasonic Biomedical Microscanning.
In 2016, we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the bi-annual Ultrasonic Biomedical Microscanning (UBM2016) meeting. UBM2016 will take place from May 1- 4, 2016 at Bonaire to facilitate optimal discussion between delegates in a pleasant environment. The conference will focus on advances being made to examine tissue microstructures with very-high-frequency ultrasound (20MHz and higher). We are proud that the following key-note lecturers confirmed their participation:
- Prof. Klaas Bom – Cardiovascular imaging: how it all started
- Prof. Olivier Couture – Super resolution imaging
- Prof. Lihong Wang – Photoacoustic Tomography: Ultrasonically Beating Optical Diffusion and Diffraction
- Prof. Ton van der Steen – Intravascular Imaging: the level playing field for clinics and companies
- Prof. Christian Pavlovich – Experiences with high frequency as applied to the human prostate
Topics of interest will include:
- basic physical phenomena
- novel processing and systems
- bio-medical applications
- photoacoustic imaging
- acoustic microscopy
- cellular imaging
- intraluminal imaging
- high-frequency biological effects
We hope to review the current state-of-the-art, identify key problems and potential solutions and share insights into future directions with a goal of advancing biological and medical examinations. The meeting is geared towards promotion of informal discussions among scientists, engineers, ultrasound manufactures, students and biomedical investigators interested in high-frequency ultrasound.
A limited number of positions to attend the meeting is available. Participation is by selfnomination.
The 2016 Ultrasonic Biomedical Microscanning Meeting is sponsored by: